Friday, March 25, 2011

Quotiferous

I'm feeling a little bit like David Sedaris' brain today. No offense, David Sedaris. See? I wasn't even sure where I should be putting the apostrophe in that first sentence. Dave would know.

"We were not a hugging people. In terms of emotional comfort it was our belief that no amount of physical contact could match the healing powers of a well made cocktail."

"Einstein wrote that insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. That said, is it crazier to repeatedly throw yourself against a window, or to repeatedly open that window, believing the creatures that are throwing themselves against it might come into your house, take a look around, and leave with no hard feelings?"

"I haven't got the slightest idea how to change people, but still I keep a long list of prospective candidates just in case I should ever figure it out."

No comments: