Friday, March 6, 2009

(Another) American Idol Update


*I am starting to spend so much time watching and writing about American Idol at night, that I can only say, 'Thank goodness this is the last of the weird weeks. And I have made myself a little sad.'

I haven't been paying enough attention, since my lover- the DVR- allows me to filter through el crap-o. So, last night was the Wild Card night on American Idol. Not only did the chosen few get to perform, they were told at the end of the very same show if they would actually be included in the top 12 line-up. So, here it goes:

First was Jesse Langseth, singing "Tell Me Something Good." And I thought she was pretty bizarre, but she undoubtedly thinks enormously highly of herself! 

Second was Matt Giraud, who sang "Who's Loving You" by the Jackson 5. I am loving this Justin Timberlake meets the blues dude!

Megan Joy Corkrey was third up, singing "Black Horse And The Cherry Tree. I love her voice, it's so unique and strong...

Fourth was Von singing "Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word." I'm a sucker for this song! He sounded good, and I felt pretty bad for calling the judges stupid the night before. But I still don't like him.

Jasmine was the 5th, choosing "Reflection," by Christina Aguilera. A big song, and even though she was flat through the beginning, she can reach the notes which is in and of otself enormously
impressive, but her voice sounds strained. Yelling, not effortless and pretty... not good enough.

The elusive Ricky Braddy singing "Superstition" was sixth. He's good, I wouldn't mind him going through.

Tatiana was seventh. Oh, Tatiana. Her English sounded more broken, because she is a liar and is fooling nobody. She sang "Saving All My Love," and her voice was en fuego! I can't see how they won't put her through.

Anoop was the last up, singing "My Perogative." His stare started out a little scary and his voice was too low, but he fixed it quickly. But as far as his future album? Maybe he wants to be a one man boy band?

Immediate Results:
First, Jasmine gets through. Then Megan and Matt, also. Woo-hoo! And then, they decide to make it a top 13! So Anoop makes it. It was a fun end. And I think Tatiana deserved to be in there, but I can completely understand the insurance companies not wanting a mental patient roaming with the contestants.

No comments: