Friday, October 24, 2008

Read Me A Book, B.P.


I was never much for audiobooks. For me, reading has to be an entirely devoted act. I want to hold a book open, and spin around finding the most comfortable position that can only last twenty five minutes- tops. I want to pause where I see fit to imagine all that is left unsaid. And more than anything, I know that if I am not physically occupied, I will try to listen while I do dishes, my nails, wash the dogs, scrub the carpet, read another book. I cannot be trusted.

With all of that being said, HELL YES I would listen to a book narrated by Brad Pitt. And not only because I am in love with everything he does, aside from leaving his wife for a charlatan gone Mother Theresa gone Mormon. His voice is the perfect voice to listen to. Agree or disagree?

Here's the link to hear him: Amazing, with a less than perfect shot at Spanish.
Here's the link for the full article: Slate.

No comments: