Thursday, September 25, 2008

Death By Chocolate


Anyone who knew Marley as a "toddler" knows that she was one painfully cute, powerfully destructive puppy. Have you read Marley and Me? Think that but with a dog a third of his size. She taught me early in her days that stuffed animals and dog toys or the soft and sewn variety would cause more harm than good. As a result, Mojo is pretty unfamiliar with soft dog toys. And when I pass a really cute squeaky stuffed dog toy, I wonder when Marley's teeth will fall out so there could be some variation lying around my carpets. I may be kidding.... So, yes, she recently hustled me! I found an old, and cheap, blue disc stuffed toy. And they played with it as if it were a freshly killed bloody carcass. Except, there was no blood, and even better, they didn't rip it into molecules. I was led to believe that this chocolate cake squeaky would live a little.

Is this not the face every woman makes when biting into a great piece of chocolate cake?

She didn't actually like sharing her cake with Mojo, or me, or the air.

This is what I was welcomed home by. That was the last slice!