Monday, August 18, 2008

Was China Ready For The Olympics?


For whatever reason, I became addicted to watching the Olympics this year. It's the first time I can remember caring too much. Yeah, I used to like watching the women's floor exercises, and the men's diving competitions, but if I missed it, so be it. This year, something came over me. There's been this overwhelming feeling of patriotism and competitiveness that is all new and exciting (very, very new). I got chills when I saw the first reporter speaking live from Tiananmen Square, even with soldiers standing at attention in every direction and this disgusting and unbelievable life of smog smothering everyone, there was Tiananmen Square. It's so incredible to be there. And there are two next steps that I would love to be taken to really integrate what China is intending to do, and what is actually being done. First step, I want people, at least the Americans visiting, being allowed to mention Tibet. I feel as if the world, being in China, and being forbidden from speaking their minds almost defeats the purpose of having the 2008 Olympic Games there. we are free to compete, but not to speak? And how must Tibetans feel? The entire world is playing games in a country that is inflicting their world with pain.

But onto the lighter side of what needs to be done: Find a translator! You have how many people stuffed like sausages in your city, let alone your country, let alone the countries you are forcefully occupying! These pictures are from a tasteless-by-name, funny-by-content site called engrish.com. I know, it hurts to see the name, but anything even similar to Jay Leno's Headlines are a-okay in my book.


Who wouldn't want to shop here?


This is for all the vegetarians who are in it to save the animals:


Horsebeans? Tasting anything but great?? I don't buy it.


An entrance for the ho's. Always be thinking!


If you die here, so help you.....


Liquor heads are SO not welcome. Also, horrifying of highness will also be prohibited.

I really wish I knew some loud-mouthed, mid-western, full-blooded American visiting China for the games, just so they could take more pictures for me...

No comments: