Monday, May 12, 2008

I should have realized...

It started out with me thinking, "What a pretty lil' thing." Perfectly posed and poised, funny little white whiskers sticking out...
Then, this cat shows up. He might look angry at the world, but I truly believe that's just what his face was created to look like. A fair warning to keep away. I did not heed.
I mistook this pudgy porker for sweet, maybe because he so clearly indulges in sweets. I can now see he was not blankly staring out into oblivion, but actually staring me down, wishing me ill will.
Finally, I caught this guy staring at me. His attempt to share contempt with me was not subtle. I left. Evacuated, really. But not before they were able to get their poisonous dander in my lungs. I still can't take a full breath in. If I only I had just seen this guy to begin with, I could have known they meant business. Cat business.

1 comment:

Julia Park said...

Cats are evil. I think your photos prove it.