Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Why Go Eighty Percent?

So the other day, my boss handed me a bag o' jewels. Literally, stuff she was getting rid of, all faux, almost all faux pas. And in the midst of brushed clay beads was glistening rhinestones. Its like Rick Moranis was aiming a Bedazzler gun at a magical ring and they expanded in size and appropriateness. For anything. I mostly tried the ring on as a joke, like, allow me to be eighty percent gaudy for a few seconds with this creation on my finger.

What I did not expect- what nobody could have- is that this ring was created for me. Not visually or stylistically. The truth is, I don't know if the late Liz Taylor would have rocked this digit deformer, but my finger felt complete. I learned in that moment that ring finger security blankets do exist and that I can indeed be a full 100% gaudy!



No comments: