Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Snapshot


Heirloom tomatoes and arugula and fresh mozzerella. It was so good in the tasting corner at Trader Joe's, that I immediately started running around the store just to make sure nobody took the last case of tomatoes. Because then? Then I would have had to have a frozen enchilada. And I won! I got home, cut everything up, sat down, and realized that I have the most disgusting balsamic vinegar, and that I had ruined every inch of my salad with it. I held to my guns, choked down the salad and am now on the hunt for a delicious balsamic vinegar. Any suggestions?

My father told me about this 100 year old balsamic vinegar that he had asked for at a restaurant. A vinegar so special that only the manager could come to the table and measure an ounce for an inquiring customer. An ounce of vinegar to the tune of $100. I'd like to try that, but I am looking for suggestions more in the $7 per entire bottle range.

No comments: