Thursday, July 23, 2009

Snapshot


Ah, summer. This is my father last summer, good old Rich, lounging by the pool. I often wonder what fellow pool loungers do with their summer time when the weather isn't as fair. Because me? I try to not peer outdoors, sit in front of an air conditioning vent, and day dream about a cool breeze and the colors of leaves turning gold.

This elusive season that has only peered out from it's humid veil of moisture a handful of times this 2009. There's been flash flooding, gray skies, never-ending rain, oppressive humidity, and did I mention gray skies and rain and humidity? And people wonder why the summer isn't my favorite season. I will let you in on a little secret. I hate oppressive heat; humidity and rain give me migraines; and gray skies make me feel so pleasant and happy that suicide sounds like a reasonable Sunday afternoon activity.

No comments: