Thursday, July 2, 2009

Pussycat Dolls Presents:


I remember college, when I could sit on my high and mighty throne and judge all of those Reality TV Watchers. Those awful people that had nothing better to do with their lives than watch someone else's mediocre lives being lived out after being sliced and over-dubbed and dumbed down to satiate the masses. And the truth is, either I was really wrong and stupid and awful, or I morphed into one of them people over night. I guess it doesn't matter to anyone, except my poor future husband. I am holding out some hope that by that time, men can get their sports fixes injected into their skulls before they cozy up on their couches with their women to watch fifteen old naked one-hit wonders wrestle around to see who can bake the best cake with no baking equipment on a remote island in under five minutes. Fox, I am expecting your call any minute now.

An admittedly low point was when I watched "Pussycat Dolls Presents: The Search for the Next Doll," back in 1997. I had missed most of the season, thankfully, but by the time I had tuned in, I HAD to see who would win. Not because I like the Pussycat Dolls, or because I liked the girls, but obviously because I had mentally picked a winner, and I had to see who was right. Me, or the TV. It's all about the gambling.


I lost. Bronx native, Asia Nitollano, won, and I haven't heard a single thing about her until just now. She is trying out to be a Knicks City Dancer, and I thought I'd pass along the voting info.:


No comments: