Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Beyond Reason

I would like to warn you that the picture at the bottom of the post, found below, is horrifying.

Quoted from PAWNATION:
Smokey, a 12-week-old chihuahua puppy, ended up with a large barbecue fork in his brain after the utensil snapped in half on the grill, flew through the air, and impaled the poor puppy's head, reports the Telegraph. The terrified pup then ran off into the woods, where he hid for two days.

When his owner Hughie Wagers finally found him, Smokey was taken straight to the Cumberland Valley Animal Hospital, in London, Kentucky, where Michelle Duncum was on duty. Duncum said, "When he brought him in we couldn't believe our eyes."

X-rays showed that the fork was actually in the dog's brain, so the vet, Dr. Keaton Smith, only gave Smokey a 50/50 chance of surviving its removal. The operation itself only took about 30 seconds -- they just shaved Smokey's head and pulled the fork out. Thankfully the pint-sized pup is recovering wonderfully.
A sitting toddler could have easily been the victim, and either way, I truly believe that legal action should be brought against the manufacturer of such cheap and faulty utensils. We're not talking about a bent spoon, but rather, a loose double bladed weapon. It's scary. And another thing to add onto my list of everyday fears.

No comments: