Thursday, June 11, 2009

Fire Dog



Growing up, I was all, "I wanna watch Labrynth!!" Again, and again, again, and again. I did this with so many movies as a toddler and small child, truthfully. Lady and the Tramp, The Little Mermaid, Rocky Horror Picture Show... The list goes on and on. And on one hand, I feel badly for my mother, having to hear the same soundtracks and dialogue on repeat for years of her life. But at the same time, I think she had it pretty easy. I never got bored of them, my attention span was immaculate, and really, who doesn't love the Labrynth? There are worse things to be obsessed with. Like my little brother, who became obsessed with Barney! The purple dinosaur guaranteed to piss you off! And as he got older, his taste matured into loving Jean Claude Van Damme movies. Which ones? They are all the same. He always shows a flash of ass, some karate kicks, and gets a girl. In real life, he gets his flash of ass kicked. But I bet if I asked her, my mom would think inside of her head that my taste was superior, but she would say, "I have no favorites." Denial is a strong force.

And, if I hadn't spent an entire presidential term sitting cross legged in front of the world of puppets and David Bowie, maybe I would have missed out on the most spectauclar likeness I have ever found. Mojo belongs with the limb and head and eye removing and swapping fire creatures from "Chilly Down" in the Labrynth. Don't deny it!


No comments: