Thursday, May 14, 2009

A.I. Elimination Recap- Season 8


Last night's episode was the last episode before the season finale, in what feels like a ten month American Idol season. The dynamic trio was made a duo and a loser, and my heart goes out to Danny Gokey. I know he will have an incredible career, if he wants it, but he is just so damned likable that it killed me to see him get rejected. The finale will be a face-off with Adam Lambert and Kris Allen. Now, everyone knows for sure Adam is walking out a winner next week.

Other show highlights:
  • Alicia Keys announces that she is a global ambassador for Keep A Child Alive. I love that! Then, she announces that a young boy from Rwanda was taking the stage to perform. I love that! Then, little Noah took the stage. Terrible. First off, he was dressed like Kanye West, literally, and he bounced around like Tom Cruise on Oprah's couch exclaiming his love for Katie Holmes. Even with ten full time back up singers, it was a hugely unpleasant auditory experience. Come on, Alicia, you couldn't find a more talented child to highlight?
  • Jordin Sparx performed her Battlefield song, and she looked incredible! She reminded me a little bit of Eva Mendes. The song might grow on me, but her voice is so great already!
  • Katy Perry performed "Waking Up In Vegas." Her voice is intriguing and unique and I am seriously considering a trip to ITunes now.

No comments: