Thursday, April 16, 2009

A.I. Elimination Recap- Season 8


Jennifer Hudson and Miley Cyrus were set to perform on the same platform. Ew and yuck.

During the shows' opening, there was another car commercial (*zing* I don't know/care which one!) and then the group of 7 performed a song together. Did anyone else notice that Matt Giraud was front and center? In both parts of the songs, front stage and on the walkway, he was directly in the front and middle of everyone. And in the commercial, all contestants were miniature on magazine covers, and he was the life sized guy purchasing the magazines and smiling at them on his passenger seat as he drove off.

The bottom three were Anoop Desai (again), Lil Rounds (thankfully!), and Matt Giraud. The votes decided that Matt was going home, but the judges decided to use their one-time save so that he gets another shot. Simon had mentioned that between Matt and Lil, they would only be using their save on one of them. I hope she realizes that it meant the judges don't want her in the competition anymore. So now, next week, two contestants will be voted out. Lil and.... who?

I made the mistake of starting to listen to Miley Cyrus' performance. She is so nasally, it was awful. I felt embarrassed for her, momentarily, until she started shaking her bangs like a crazy and proud rock star, in her up-do and sequined evening gown attempting to sing a ballad. It could have been a lot better. But, on a good note, I now know that I can never trust my cousin Jillian's taste in music!

No comments: