Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Phone Lines...


I remember the first time I got my phone line installed in my childhood bedroom. blah blah blah 8251. I remember the exact portable phone I had, falling asleep with it on, the way the buttons felt as I retouched the same few sets of numbers over and over again. This was before memory pads or caller ID, right before personal pager usage blew up. That gray over sized phone was my first step in a handful that nurtured my now crippling dependancy on phones.

So, the question arises, why do I pay for a phone line in my house now, and not have a phone attached to it? Want my number? I will have to dig through my Time Warner receipts and try to get that for you. Instead, I just carry around my cell phone, occasionally dropping calls, wasting minutes, and of course, the dreaded brain cancer!! It's all fun and "Can you hear me now's" until you put some closed popcorn kernels near your cell phone.





Oh, the French.

No comments: