Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Snapshot


This is the view from Le Jardin on a cloudy and miserable Sunday afternoon.  I had driven past this tiny restaurant so many times, I was thrilled when my aunt invited me to dine there. And the first impression, as you can see, is incredible! It's not everyday you get to sit next to a floor to ceiling window that spills out onto the greatest skyline in the world. (For me, it is kind of everyday, but let's not split hairs.) The waiter was obnoxious, and the food was enormously disappointing. The scallops were great, I will give them that. But my Sea Bass was a bit fishy, disconcerting, to say the least. And my aunt and mother ordered scampi. And it came out as a strange creamy mess. If I were a food critic, I would say something like:  

"Great views plus disappointing food plus bad service just doesn't add up to a good taste at Le Jardin." 

No comments: