Friday, February 13, 2009

Celebrity Interviews


Everyone is talking about Joaquin Phoenix's seemingly drugged outappearance on David Letterman two nights ago. He seemed more than distant, definitely drugged, and agitated. After stating he was giving up on acting, while on the show to promote a movie (of which he didn't even remember his co-star Nicole Kidman's name), his being on the show was definitely a confusion for all. "There is no off switch for genius." Please.

With that being said, light has been shed on two men who I used to dislike. One man was David Letterman himself. Having grown up in an evenly split Letterman/Leto household, I don't think my dislike could be in any way concluded as being environmentally produced. The thing with David is that I just don't think he's funny. His top ten lists are his highlight, and I can make them up myself. He giggles to himself all the time, which is great, because one of us should be laughing. However, after seeing THIS clip, while he first tried to interview Joaquin, and then just immediately had to throw jabs at him, laugh in his face at him while keeping the guest seated, well, my hat goes off to you, sir! I may not like your show, but I will never again say I dislike you, apparently, I only dislike your writers and producers.

The second man that is continuing to prove himself in my good graces, because I'm sure he cares, is Alec Baldwin. You win! I am a huge fan. I love you, I love everything about your comedic timing and seriousness in the face of hilarity. I love that you don't give a crap about insulting a fellow actor, as so many twenty-somethings in your industry tip-toe around insulting anyone they might bump into on a red carpet somewhere. Alec, I used to dislike you because I thought that you beat up your ex wife, and you did actually leave an awful message to your poor daughter on her voicemail. Sure, it should not have been shared with the world, sure, you were frustrated, but it is without excuse. However, since I am not your daughter, and I have loved you since Beetlejuice, and through 30 Rock, I love you!


No comments: