Friday, January 9, 2009

A Year In Months:


I wanted to sum up the shitty, fast, wonderful year of late. So, cheers to 2008!

January: Rang in the new year, let down. Vowed ten things that I never followed up on. Let down.

February: Officially lost a person in my life who I thought was a friend. Veil was lifted, and reality stung- a lot. Gave up drinking.

March: Marley turned two and I noticed an immediate decrease in energy level. Thrilling! Destructo-Dog on a smaller dose of caffeine can only be a good thing.

April: Buried myself in work. I was happy and independent and wore my first pair of flip flops of the year.

May: Noticed Marley's weight increase as a direct response to her lack of incessant hyperactivity. Soaked in the weather and parks and people and threw out almost as much crap as I kept.

June: Heat. Hot. And it only just began.

July: Fun, parties, beach trips and BBQ's. Wanted to get a dog cake at the barkery for Mojo's birthday, but forgot, and figured Marley didn't need it.

August: Cursed being on the top floor of a building, cursed mugginess, and noticed more people laying on their horns in a frustrated, uncomfortable haze. Hid in the Hamptons for a few days.

September: Had wine, realized it's too good to give up. Gave up all soda's instead. Resumed the New Year's resolution of hitting the gym. Got hooked. Loved everyone.

October: Anticipated my vacation. Decided that moving was no longer just an "option." House hunted, loved/hated/craved seeing apartments.

November: Went to Bermuda. Relaxed, finally. Turned 25. Fell on my face and broke my front tooth. Spent two months rent fixing it. Inhaled the Twilight series, and it reignited my love for reading, and immediately broke the sad and powerful hold that my DVR had been slowly killing me with.

December: Spent a little too much time thinking radio stations were rushing the Christmas season, and wound up losing most of the month. Present and gifts and I tried my first sip of eggnog. Gave up an apartment, and found another one. Started packing.

And here we are, January 9th, my last day of sleeping in the slum known as my home for the past few years. I have about 60 boxes (most of them small, so don't judge), and movers come at 9 am tomorrow morning. Come snow, because it is coming, or high water, I am out. I'm already light year's ahead of my resolutions last year. I am really excited to see what this year brings to me, or should I say I to it?

No comments: