Monday, January 12, 2009

1/10 = 110% Better!


I moved from here to here this weekend, and I am trying to think of a more profound example of the term "fresh start." I can't think of one. I want to think of the bright side- every cloud has a silver lining. And for sure, had I not endured my previous experience, my appreciation level would probably be much lower than it is right now. Yep, there the silver lining ends.

Goodbye to leaky windows and ceilings and crumbling asbestos paint walls. (They really made me sign and asbestos waiver when I moved in. What was I thinking?) Goodbye to oppressive heat and drafty winds that chilled me to the bone. Goodbye to: non-functioning shower, a moody toilet, murky faucet waters, angry and creepy and nasty neighbors, no parking spots, ice covering everything, lazy landlord, carbon monoxide leaking stove, paper thin walls and floors. Oh, the floors! The wood older than George Washington's teeth. "Please shellac the wood!" "no." Genius.

I will miss only my rent payments to that place.

And 2009 has just earned it's keep, on it's tenth day.

No comments: