Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Happy


I wanted to take a moment to reflect on my holiday season thus-far. And it's been fairly non-existent. Thanksgiving came too quickly, and I held off on the Christmas spirit for apparently too long, because it's Eve is also rearing it's beautiful head a little too soon for my liking. Everything is in super fast motion, it snowed a little, and the snow melted in the morning. Then it snowed a lot, turned to ice and has been too lethal to fully enjoy. It's pretty perfect from my fifth floor windows, though. I did most of my shopping so early, I can't remember where I got what from. And then I made good friends with Amazon and mortal enemies with American Express fulfilling all the gaps in my planning to avoid the holiday rush. But I think avoidance was the wrong way to go. I wish now that I've been sitting in traffic heading to Paramus. And I wish that I could see people fighting over last minute deals and steals, and elbowing old ladies to hope to have 60 seconds less of a wait in line. (See, mind you, not feel. I hate those elbowing freaks.)

Mostly, I am just really excited. Putting this year behind me, like a marathon runner getting past a middle mile that let some self-doubt creep in. I feel like my life is taking shape, and it may not be the life I thought it would be ten, or even five years ago. But it's a better life that I had one year ago, and I am so thankful. I'm off to do some grave injustices to my mother's wrapping now...

No comments: