Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Before I Forget


In case anyone's missed it, I am a Quote's Girl. Yes, I belong to a Quote. Haha, I've lost my mind today. But seriously, if you can sum up something poignant or learned in a compact and tidy little sentence and throw some quotations around it, I will give you my virginity. Um, or one million dollars cash. Or, um, hmmm, grant you three wishes? 

I heard a quote a while back from a tv show/movie/something, and it stuck with me. And then more recently, I heard a quote after Obama was chosen by America to be the next President, and I started to forget the other one. Because, you know, that's how it works. I have room in my brain for just one catchy quote, and if I choose to like a different one, the first quote will slowly leak from my ears while I sleep. And then Mojo slowly licks it. But miraculously enough, I have both quotes swimming around my head, and before I go to sleep tonight, I thought I would eternalize them here.

*This is a quote to capture a period of time when babies aren't being born, and parents... :
"There comes a time in life when G-d stops giving and starts taking away."

*This is a quote memorializing the enormity of our first African American President-Elect: (When I heard this, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up.)
"Rosa sat, so Martin could dream, so Obama could run, so our children can fly."

*Note: If anyone thinks that explaining a quote takes away from the quote's plausibility as a stand-alone entity, I already thought of that, and decided you are wrong.

*Second Note: If anyone didn't think of that, and thinks that I am insane for having thought about, and then re-thought about it just to clear the air, go lick a pillow!

No comments: