Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Great Schlep


My friend sent me a link for a "funny Sarah Silverman" video, and I thought, it must be 15 seconds long. 15 seconds has been the longest I have ever really enjoyed Sarah... Until now!  She has made a video called "The Great Schlep" urging Jewish grandchildren of the greater tri-state area to venture down to Florida to beg our grandparents to vote for Obama.


It's completely worth the 4:22 of everyone's time though. And while it's sad, and hilarious because it rings true, I will never understand why die-hard democrats get so damn crochety in their old age! 

Just a few of my favorite quotes:

  • "You could compare an elderly Jewish woman, like Nana, to a young black man. They may seem totally different, but on paper, they're the same. I mean, think about it. Track suits! Let's start there, they both love track suits!"
  • "They both say 'Yo' all the time, or Jews go right to left, 'Oy.'"
  • "You know why your grandparents don't like Barack Obama? Because his name sounds scary, sounds Muslim, which he's obviously not. Yes, Barack Hussein Obama, it's a super f**king sh*tty name. But you'd think that somebody named Manishewitz Gooberman might understand that." (P.S. Grandma, if someone shows you this article, "The name Barack is a Hebrew name. It means 'lightning.' And I would much rather have a president whose name means lightning than a president whose name is John whose name means toilet, or a guy who f**ks hookers.")

No comments: