Monday, September 22, 2008

Serenity By Jan


This post will most likely, I hope, only interest fans of The Office. For anyone who has not been a fan, here is a little bit of a back story:

Jan is a fired company executive. She is high strung, controlling, fetish-y, cold, and ultimately bizarre. In the show, she took over her boyfriend's spare bedroom and created a home business fully functioning within the confines of that room: A homemade candle company called Serenity by Jan.

Some personal favorite candle descriptions:

  • The best part of waking up, is merlot in your cup! Make every morning, a "Merlot Morning."
  • They say water has no scent or flavor. Apparently, "they" have never tried Evian. Just holding it in your hands, you can taste the class. The epitome of subtle elegance is "Bottled Water."
  • I did not have the happiest childhood, but one pleasant memory of my youth was when I got my first pair of jeans. I wore them everywhere: to school, to parties, when I ran away… I remember holding them to my face and escaping in their bold, fresh scent – the scent of "Denim."
  • One trace of this scent and you’ll feel like you're recuperating at a five star rehabilitation center. Pure and relaxing, this makes you feel at peace with the world around you. Xanax in a candle, "Serenity."
And some of the best testimonials ever recorded:

  • Jan's candles smell good enough to eat, but you can't eat them. They're made from wax.        - Kevin M.
  • On the farm we surround ourselves with the smells of nature. I would however be interested in a beet scented candle for my work area.   - Dwight Schrute


*Thanks, Julia!

No comments: