Monday, September 22, 2008

A Chanel Bag Any Way I Can Take It!!


I used to really mind Chinatown bags. It stemmed from when all the "cool" girls in sixth grade walked around with brand new Kate Spade bags, and my mother fought with me over buying a full-priced, $30 Jansport backpack. So, I went and picked out a twenty dollar Kate Spade knock-off just down the steps from the New York City Public Library while my father was sleeping. I flaunted it proudly, until one fateful, impossibly muggy day, when my Kate Spade tag shifted, and slid off of my purse.  I vowed to stay away from fake bags from that day forward.

Surprise, surprise! I relented! I backed out of my former cries of indignation when I started earning money and my love for designer hand bags grew and grew. And I was forced to make decisions. Food and gas and shampoo, or Fendi. Sometimes Fendi wins, and we don't need to go into details. But more importantly, I have learned how to balance expensive handbags with more realistic impersonations from time to time, to keep me in good spirits. 

Of course, the greatest thing would be to be given more bags. Ahem, ahem. (Don't mind the coughs, I was talking to my invisible and utterly make-believe sugar daddy.)  So until you appear, oh giver of luxury leather, Lifetime is offering the opportunity to WIN CHANEL!!

And the only reason I am sharing this, out of the goodness of my heart, is to get back some similar contest opportunities in return!!

No comments: