Thursday, August 7, 2008

Tony


It has been a year. A year since I sobbed out loud in the Synagogue. A year since my brother sat in the back of the pews and walked out mid-service, probably to sob out loud. A year since my mother shoveled Earth to help cover you. It's been a year that you have been pain free and healthy. No anti-rejection pills, no restrictions, no concerns. And I hope it's only been moments since you've been laying somewhere on a beach, sipping a giant iced espresso and reading an eight thousand page book on worldly spirituality. Last year, I said how your presence was a whirlwind of emotions, bringing us faith in goodwill and new appreciation for kindness and understanding and forgiveness. I grasp on to songs that surrounded you, and I hear them in pictures of your face. 

No comments: