Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Gas Prices Hurt


This morning, on my drive to work, I noticed a favorite gas haunt of mine was toting $4.07 cents for regular gas. I knew it was coming, but that didn't prevent the inevitable "kicked in my stomach" feeling. I want to be optimistic and say family values will soar, as people have less and less options than to be home-bound. There will be less speeding on the road, which will create in more aware and safe driving results. Parents will give their kids less money to burn on joy riding, and that could instill a greater work ethic in otherwise lazy and assumptive youth. But really, I just think about how much lighter my wallet is, and how it may soon evaporate like all these ozone killing fumes flying out of my gas tank. 

And in case anyone else out there is feeling the rape, er, burn, check this out: GasPricesHurt. Tips, humor, commentary, news, and forums. What more could you ask for? Except winding time backwards to when we only had to complain about expensive health care, rising housing costs, and unemployment. 

No comments: