Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Fashion Smashion


When it comes to "fashion," I feel that attempts at being innovative far supercede taste and appropriateness which can lead to entertainment, shock, and generally disappointment. There are reasonable new ideas, that I may not like, but to each his own. For instance, those Croc-like shoes. Here. Do you know why they had previously only been worn in the garden? Because they are easy to hose off, and never need to be seen by the public. I could go on forever: parachute pants, anything red leather, arm warmers, sideways baseball caps. It doesn't end. However, switching from tacky to things I would be embarrassed to see a small child near is a whole other story. The first "trend" I had heard about was taking Japan by storm, this sort of faux see through clothing idea. Because, really, what could be more exciting than covering up your butt only to falsely reveal a butt printed on the back of your skirt? Classy! The scarves lower on the page, also really a great idea. Really.  And when I thought it couldn't get much more graphic, I see THIS which, in all honestly, I actually saw in the vicinity of a restaurant, I would run home and not eat for at least a day or two.

No comments: