Monday, June 16, 2008

Inside The Mind Of An 8 Year Old


So I took Tristan to go see Kung Fu Panda on Friday evening, my friend's eight year old son, and he was by far the most entertaining movie partner I can ever remember having. If you ever get a glimpse into the mind of an 8 year old boy, do not pass it up. Never again in life will things be so absolute, never will someone be more sure that whoever they are speaking to will actually believe everything they say.

In a two and a half hour time period, Tristan had consumed 1 peanut butter and fluff sandwich, most of 1 small chocolate gelato with oreos on top, 3 large pieces of Air Heads, 2 peanut butter cups, and about ten pounds of pure excitement over seeing this movie.

(In my car immediately after leaving the movie theater)

Tristan: Do you remember when Po strapped himself to the chair and it blew up?

Me: Yep, the fireworks went off.

Tristan: Hahaha it was awesome. I am hungry. Can I get a chocolate smoothie at Wendy's?

Me: You are definitely over your sugar intake for the day. You can get chicken nuggets.

Tristan: Ummm, I have only had 50% of my sugar for today. I can have the smoothie.

Me: No.

Tristan: Aly, I had the Fluff with white bread, so the white bread absorbed the sugar, so that doesn't count. (Deep in thought...) Okay, maybe I have had 89% of my daily sugar. I can still have the smoothie.

Me: Chicken nuggets.

Tristan: Okay. (Long, disappointed sigh...) Hey, do you remember when Po fell down all those stairs? And when he blew up after sitting in the chair with the fireworks?

No comments: