Thursday, June 19, 2008

Day of Wonder

I am in the most incredible mood. And no amount of repeat phone calls or stupidity can ruin it. Life started to perk up last night when I stepped into the sauna that is my apartment, and was greeted with a breeze. And not an expensive air conditioned attempt at emulating nature, but a real life, leaves whooshing, crispness invigorating gust of wind. And I realized as ice cubes make Marley happy, a chill in the air makes me happy. 

Sleeping without air conditioning is a good feeling. No achy joints to wake up to, no scratchy throat, and most importantly, really clean air all around. So already, today was destined to be better than every day over the past 2 months. Walking outside, there is no stickiness, and I really think everyone driving this morning was feeling exactly like I did. Even the woman who cut me off with no signal and obviously no regard for anyone's well-being. As I passed her, her windows were down, fun music was pouring out of her car, and I just grinned. (Sometimes creeping someone out is more rewarding than a good long release of your horn.) As I got to my car, one of the construction workers stepped away from my car with a rag. And another guy was spraying my car down. Every other car in my temporary due to construction parking row was dusty and dry, but mine, shiny and wet. These guys who have started banging and drilling and digging and honking and screaming outside of my windows starting at 6 am when they are only legally start at 8 am for the past five months made my day better. Now, it might be the only day, maybe there will be more, but I just can't seem to understand why they would clean my car. It wasn't the dirtiest, they don't know who drives that car I don't think. Maybe they dropped crap all over it, and they were just getting rid of the evidence, but either way, my car is cleaner. 

Now, I just need to figure out how to bottle 69 degrees, partly cloudy with a soft breeze so that in the beginning of August, I can open my bottle and make it through another 2 months of gross.

No comments: