Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Cone Removal

I took Marley's "cone" off. Her e-collar had been on for a little over three weeks when it was relayed to me that it needed to be on for only a few days. But I'm sorry, Miss Veterinarian, you. You just made almost 800 dollars, I am going to err on the side of caution when it comes to risking eye injury this month.

I expected a lot of things when I took off this contraption. For one, I fully anticipated her eagerly lapping up water, as I have seen her slam around water bowls for almost a month. I expected her to roll around on the bed and explore the new found freedom of itching her neck. What I did not expect was to witness a fully vocal conversation between her and Mojo.

For the next 30 minutes- solid- I had to mute the television and ignore calls, because thing one and thing two were respectfully taking turns speaking, yelling, and contemplating each other's arguments. Never have I witnessed more human-like conversing go on between two animals. I was amused, then wished I had a camera to share with nay-sayers. Then, when I realized a big piece of my night was spent unwillingly listening to them say a whole lot of nothing at all, I was out of patience.

And we continue to forge through her terrible two's. (Speaking of, there is a band called "Terrible Two's" that was put on a CD in my car without me knowing. My advice: check it out. You will laugh. Maybe cry, but still worth it. My favorite song:  "A Rake, A Broom, A Mop, A Shovel."   I couldn't make it up if I tried.)


No comments: