Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thaaaaaa Yankees Win!


If there's one thing better than going to a Yankees/Red Sox Game at Yankee Stadium, and having the Yankees win big, it would definitely have to be when Jorge Posada displays pure excellence.  I'm not quite sure what my immediate liking of Jorge stems from, but I think it has to do with his strong resemblance to Fievel Mousekewitz and Dopey. I love him deeply.

At some point later in the season, I will come to terms with this being the final season played in the Great Yankee Stadium, but I am too filled with shock and sadness to get into it now.  Looking into the over-commercialized Final Season Countdown Scoreboard last night gave me chills. Actually, even looking at my ticket, sentimentality swells inside.  

The highlights of sitting in the tier, right behind home plate, are almost innumerable. But let's just say, drunk uber-fans, and gutsy Boston fans make for an interesting show in and of themselves.  My favorite line of the night was delivered from a man who could barely stand up straight, screaming over to a discreetly dressed Boston fan. (If you are going to where a Boston hat, at least don't where it in a blue color, come on!)  He yelled over to her, "Your socks are really, really ugly."  That was better than any seventh inning stretch.

As some of you may have heard, there's been a David Ortiz debacle that included burying his jersey in the floor of the new Yankee Stadium. (details)

This, of course, cracked me up. I wouldn't mind being buried with an autographed ball signed by the entire 1996 World Series Championship Yankees Team.  Would you?  

And my favorite blog of the week:

No comments: