Friday, April 11, 2008

The Migration

So yesterday, as temperatures floated up around seventy-five degrees, I was overwhelmed by people's excited chatter, and the "dum dum dum" echoing inside of me. After too much time wasted trying to fall asleep in my way-warm bedroom, I brought a pillow and a sheet into my livingroom.  (This is so I can actually get rest before heat exhaustion claims my life.)

Sleeping in the livingroom, ice cold air blowing directly onto me, sans any covers, felt so incredible I could only enjoy it for about three minutes before it put me into a deep REM cycle. I woke up chilly and relaxed and ready to start my day.  And now, mere hours after waking up, my back is screaming for mattress springs and spinal support.  

And the countdown begins:  only 7 months until I can sleep in my bed again.  And people still ask me why I am looking to move......

No comments: