Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy 2nd Earth Day


Today, as most people don't know, is the second, and technically final, Earth Day of 2008. The first Earth Day was determined by the great (almost late) Mother Nature. And the second, today, April 22nd, was decided to be an Earth Day for purposes of teaching among many other things.  And as "All we are saying, is give peace a chance" is running through my mind, I thought maybe a small homage to this green and foggy planet would get John Lennon and his drum out of my mind.  I wish there was something I could actually do today. I can't allow Marley to fertilize the lawn in front of my building (large fines and bad karma). I won't pick through dumpsters for cans and other recyclables. I shouldn't break into the electricity closet in my apartment and pause the use of unnecessary energy overages. So what's a girl to do?
Today, I vow to watch tv in the dark, drive my car straight home and nowhere else, and to recycle everything I am personally responsible for. So what if that means pausing on throwing out cardboard until tomorrow when Earth Day #2 is over? It's not like Mother Nature deemed today anything important.  And if you want to buy recycled chic, here it is.

No comments: