Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Disturbing Chic

Strange coincidence, so I hope:  The other day, my mother asked me to join her on her balcony, for more than just to suck in her second hand smoke. So I went out with her, and she delicately pulled out a neatly folder magazine cutout. Turns out, it was an ad for people to make loved one's ashes into gemstones and then they wear them as a daily reminder. Creepy! No judgement's passed, mind you, it's just not something I can see being on my list of possibilities. No thanks. Maybe, MAYBE, to create the ring to then throw off into the ocean instead of ashes that could blow back and cover my face. I tried to stop thinking about it entirely.
Then I run into this:  jewelry from pets. And since I might never be able to look at someone wearing a paw print pendant the same way again, I thought I would bestow upon you my same pleasure. You're welcome.

No comments: