Thursday, March 27, 2008

Call Me Crazy....

So, as most of my friends, and maybe even passersby, will contest, Brad Pitt is a favorite of mine.  It goes beyond his perfect hair, and oozing charisma. Beyond his impeccable career moves and smoldering eyes. As a child of the 80's, spending countless hours re-dressing Barbie dolls and even, occasionally, playing "Barbie Barber," when I first saw "Thelma and Louise," I found my real- life Ken doll.  I've followed him through Fight Club and Se7en all the way to becoming a real life Daddy Day Care for a woman who seems to be sucking his youth away.

And you know what? My opinion has been a popular one. Most people find it difficult to dispute my adoration, as exquisiteness is hard to dispute.

One of my best friends has shared an unpopular favorite of mine with me: Benicio Del Toro.  With his dirty look, premature gray hair, narrow eyes, and his undeniably prominent bags under his eyes, the weak-in-the-knees reaction to his on-screen presence is much more difficult to relay.  But when he delivers his lines with that muddled accent, all reason goes out the window.

And today, I am happy to profess to all you nay-sayers, I have found a connection that I will hold dear forever.

No comments: